Raspberry Pi recently announced their latest board the “Raspberry Pi 4 B” with amazing specs and many new features. So today I am going to share more information about this board.
If you don’t know what raspberry pi is, It is a series of single board computers by Raspberrypi foundation. These are small cheap computers with a form factor of a credit card. The latest board launched by Rpi is called Raspberry Pi 4 B and here are its technical specifications.
- Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
- 1GB, 2GB or 4GB LPDDR4-2400 SDRAM (depending on model)
- 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 USB 3.0 ports; 2 USB 2.0 ports.
- Raspberry Pi standard 40 pin GPIO header (fully backwards compatible with previous boards)
- 2 × micro-HDMI ports (up to 4kp60 supported)
- 2-lane MIPI DSI display port
- 2-lane MIPI CSI camera port
- 4-pole stereo audio and composite video port
- H.265 (4kp60 decode), H264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
- OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics
- Micro-SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
- 5V DC via USB-C connector (minimum 3A*)
- 5V DC via GPIO header (minimum 3A*)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) enabled (requires separate PoE HAT)
- Operating temperature: 0 – 50°C ambient
So this time the boards is powered by Broadcom’s BCM2711. Which is a quad core processor based on ARM v8 architecture. Now there is a choice of ram! you can get 1GB, 2GB or even 4GB of ram! This time around it’s a fashion to add USB type c to every gadget and Raspberry Pi isn’t any exception. 2USB 3.0 ports are also available for faster data transfer.
And they replaced the single old mini HDMI with 2 micro HDMI both with 4k video streaming support. Other functions are similar to the previous board. They have still kept the 40GPIO pins which are backwards compatible.
So that was an overview of the board. I really am impressed with the features and can’t wait to get my hands on it. Can you?
Visit our store for your project items and amazing gadgets.